Following the Swim England Learn to Swim framework we provide:
- Friendly fully qualified Level 2 swimming teachers
- Lessons designed by swimming experts in accordance with the ’Swim England Learn to Swim’ programme.
Junior Swimming Lessons
- Available Monday to Friday from 3.45 and Saturday from 10.00am.
- Classes run 50 weeks per year with a 2 week break over Christmas. Payment plans account for this break within the monthly subscription.
- Payments are made monthly via direct debit.
- Direct Debit is £30/£36*/£39** per month; *Stage 7 (45 minute) **Stage 8/9/10 (60 minute)
- Parents / guardians are not permitted on poolside.
- Parents of children aged under 8 years MUST remain within the centre during their children’s lessons.
- Photography in the swimming pool area and changing rooms is strictly forbidden.
- Please ensure that we are aware of any medical or behavioural conditions which may affect your child in the lesson environment.
Please ensure that your child is ready to swim at the start time of their lesson. Late arrivals may not be able to join a class:
- Long hair is tied back
- Your child has visited the toilet before their lesson starts.
- They have their swimming hats on and goggles have been adjusted if they require them. Swim hats and goggles are optional. Goggles are not recommend for Ducklings or Stage 1 classes. Swim hats and goggles will not be put on / adjusted by the swimming teacher.
- Avoid baggy swimwear e.g. board/surf shorts. We recommend “jammers” for boys and traditional swim costumes for girls.
Cancellations and missed lessons
Refunds or alternative lessons will only be provided if your lesson is cancelled by Impington Sports Centre.
ELA Active follows the Swim England national learn to swim scheme. Assessment is on a continuous basis, which allows children to progress at their own pace.
You can register on our parent portal at to view your child’s progress.
When reviewing your child’s progress, please remember that teachers will need to ensure that children can demonstrate the skills at each stage consistently before being passed.
When your child fully completes their assessment for the current stage, the swim lesson co-ordinator will inform you. A certificate and badge will be available to purchase from reception at a cost of £4.
Parent and Baby Swimming Lessons
The perfect start for you and your baby allowing your child to get used to being in the water in a small group of people and to give you the parent confidence in supporting your child in the water. These sessions will teach your child the basic skills they need to learn to swim including how to move in water, floating, streamlining and how to get in and out of the pool safely.
Adult Swimming Lessons
Around 30% of adults in the UK can’t swim a length. Yet, one quarter of adult non-swimmers would like to learn how.
With four progressive stages and Awards to choose from, the Swim England Adult Swimming Framework is suitable for everyone, from complete beginners to experienced swimmers who would just like some additional coaching to improve their technique.
Private Swimming Lessons
We offer 30 minute lessons on a 1 to 1 and 1 to 2 basis. Lessons are available during general swim times on the pool timetable. Each lesson lasts half an hour and must be booked and paid for at Reception before the lesson starts. Dates and times can be arranged with the instructor directly. We will allow a maximum of 2 people to attend a lesson together who are usually siblings or friends and it is advised that swimmers are of a similar ability.
PLEASE NOTE: lessons will not be refunded or rescheduled for cancellation or non-attendance, under any circumstances.
Holiday Crash Courses
During the school holidays we offer 30 minute intensive crash courses for non-swimmers and beginners. These courses are designed to build confidence to give children a head start or as a complement to our term time lessons. In addition we offer specialist activities including Rookie Lifeguards, Diving, Water Polo and Synchro tasters.
RLSS UK NPLQ Lifeguard Courses
The National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) is the most widely recognised Lifeguard Qualification in the UK with over 33,000 Lifeguards gaining the NPLQ every year. This course is an excellent way to start working in the leisure industry and provides valuable skills which can be used throughout your life.